In the spirit of the upcoming holiday, here are 15 things I’m thankful for as a freelance medical writer (full disclosure: I stole this idea from my friend Alisa, who has an awesome blog on marriage and romance you should follow at www.projecthappilyeverafter.com)
I’m thankful . . .
1. That I get to work in sweaty workout clothes and no one knows (except my dogs and they smell worse than me).
2. For clients who know what they want, pay promptly, and actually provide feedback.
3. That I learn something new on every project.
4. That I can write about topics that affect everyone.
5. That I have more job security than anyone in a “traditional” job.
6. That I can set my own schedule.
7. That I have a PhD husband who shares my office when he’s not traveling and can decipher statistics for me.
8. For the Internet. How did anyone do this job without it?
9. For my friend Gen who told me about the wonderful world of double computer screens; couldn’t live without them!
10. For all the other freelancers at AMWA who listen when I need to vent and provide such great advice
11. For bibliographic databases. Endnote, I love you!
12. For NPR.
13. For naps.
14. For my puppy Jessie who loves to spend the day in my lap as I write.
15. For the gift of being able to make a good living doing something I love.
What are you thankful for this year? Leave a comment!