Are You Reaching Your Freelance Earning Potential?
If you’re good at what you do-and have the right mindset-you can increase your income. There’s no secret formula. It just takes hard work and effective systems to handle the business of freelancing. Feel like you’re working harder, but making less? Then you need this course.
Veteran freelancer Debra Gordon, MS, who has been earning six figures for the past 16 years (through two recessions), will show you how to maximize your potential and your business and reach success. It will be fun and doable—regardless of the kind of business you run or how long you’ve been running it. Most important: what you learn will make a real difference. Not next year, but next month.
After completing this program, you’ll have:
- The knowledge and skills to take your business to a successful enterprise that fulfills your career (and financial) goals.
- Access to a private LinkedIn group for sharing tips, asking questions, and receiving long-term support for success.
- Watch at your convenience! Watch over and over to reinforce the learning or when you just need a motivational boost.
- An e-book of resources, tip sheets, and other tools for successful freelancing.
- Discounts on one-on-one coaching.
Plus, registering for the course entitles you to an hour of one-on-one coaching for $200, a 30 percent discount. Take advantage of this offer to get your specific questions answered.
The first hour of each class is devoted to teaching; the last half hour to your questions.
Here’s what you’ll learn:
1. What Business Are You In?
Before you can be successful in business, you have to understand what business you’re really in. In this session, you’ll conduct a SWOT analysis (strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats) on yourself, develop a mission and goals, and write a business plan for the coming year (something even longtime consultants often ignore).
You’ll also learn about various business models, how to prepare a budget and track expenses, invoicing, setting up an office, contracts, and 20 other things you didn’t know you needed to know, including apps and programs to help you work smarter.
2. Getting All the Business You Want
Successful freelancers never have a slow period (unless they want one). In this session, you’ll learn the right way to get leads and then turn leads into cash customers. This session includes tips on getting the most out of social media – without feeling overwhelmed.
3. Getting Clients to Behave
Managing clients and workflow can be tougher than herding cats. In this session, you’ll learn how to make sure you stay in control, negotiate a fair fee, manage scope creep, and keep even the most, um, challenging clients happy.
4. Finding Work/Life Balance
It’s not easy but it is possible. Learn how to recognize the signs of burnout, how to plan for a real vacation, and even how to take a sabbatical—all without affecting your bottom line.
- Open to all freelancers: consultants, graphic artists, writers, editors, Realtors, IT specialists and others.
- Available on demand.
- Access to a private LinkedIn group to continue to grow your business.
- Discounts on one-on-one coaching.
About Debra Gordon, MS
Hello, I’m president of GordonSquared, Inc., a healthcare communications company I started in 1999. I’ve never had a slow period, never lacked for clients, and never been disappointed in my income.
I received my bachelor’s degree in English from the University of Virginia and my master’s in biomedical writing from the University of the Sciences in Philadelphia. I am an active member in the American Medical Writers Association and other writing organizations, including the American Society of Authors and Journalists.
I live just outside Chicago with my husband and snoring dog.